below: artistic renderings of JK's final days based on actual photographs
JK taught a course on angels at the Crystal Cathedral (probably not in the actual cathedral itself but in the nearby arboretum which was the original church) over the course of several months unbeknownst to me at the time but I came across an old audio cassette recording of these presentations after his death.
In one particular segment JK spoke specifically about angels at the time of death and his belief that they are there to comfort those who are dying and protect them from sheer agony and terror.
I was there with JK in his final days. He was still able to talk a little and even enjoyed a final wheelchair walk to the park with me pushing him. And at the park there is an exercise area that he always enjoyed (when healthy enough to use ) and I pushed him up to one of the exercise machines and was stunned that he was eager and able to do about 10 reps on each of the arm machines only a few days before he died.
I wonder now if the angels were already ministering to him and gave him this boost of energy at a time when it seemed naturally impossible for him to do on his own ?!
below: artistic renderings of JK's final days based on actual photographs




